San Marcos, CA in many ways was constructed to be a “biker’s paradise,” but automobiles still dominate the streets. With all of these motorists on the road, it’s important to make sure you keep up with your auto maintenance and auto repair in San Marcos. Staying on top of your auto services helps boost your fuel economy, lowers harmful emissions and keeps your vehicle running better, longer!
But when it comes to auto repair, San Marcos, CA certainly has a lot of mechanics and auto repair shops to choose from – how do you decide?
You already know that every auto repair shop is going to tell you about their quality auto services, their great technology and their honest nature. But how do you know who to really trust? To make it easier to pick your San Marcos auto repair shop, check out these 5 things that your auto repair should have:
1. Employ ASE Certified auto repair technicians. If a shops mechanics are ASE Certified Technicians this means they have taken the time to be trained, tested and certified by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence. They also have to keep up with their certification, so in addition to being an elite mechanic in the auto repair industry, they also stay on top of the newest automotive trends.
2. Offer a warranty on auto repair services. Even the most skilled mechanic can make mistakes, so it’s imperative that your auto repair shop offers a warranty on auto services. A pretty standard warranty is 12 months/12,000 miles, but the better auto repair shop in San Marcos offer 24,000 mile nationwide warranties.
3. Have a clean waiting area. You shouldn’t have to wait on folding chairs in a dusty room. The best auto repair shops in San Marcos have clean, comfortable waiting areas and many will offer free Wi-Fi Internet as well.
4. Provide a free local shuttle service. This is a great service that many customers aren’t aware of. A good auto repair shop that truly cares about its customers will happily give you a free ride where you need to go so you don’t have to wait for longer auto repairs to be completed.
5. Answer all of your questions. Your auto repair shop should be a leader in the automotive industry, and happy to take the time to answer all of your car repair questions. The best mechanics have a true passion for working on cars, and are eager to talk about your vehicle with you. Ask them how to get better gas mileage in San Marcos, or how to extend the life of your automobile!
If your auto repair shop in San Marcos does the above 5 things, congratulations! You have found a quality shop to handle all of your auto maintenance and auto repair in San Marcos, CA.