Moving is a hectic experience. Whether you’re heading to a new state, or sending your child off to college, there seems to be an endless list of things to remember! Unfortunately one of the most important things to remember when moving is one of the tasks that gets forgotten the most: choosing the best new auto repair shop.
It’s always a good idea to start searching for a new auto repair shop in the area that you or your child is moving to before you need one. Why? Because making a sound decision is more difficult when you are faced with a broken down vehicle. If you wait until your car breaks down to find an automotive shop, odds are you aren’t going to choose one that will give you the most bang for your buck. At this point you’re more concerned with getting your car repaired as quickly as possible, rather than the quality or convenience that you could be enjoying. Intelligent decisions are made after evaluating the facts. Emergencies create an emotional environment that thwarts clear and decisive action.
1. Is your facility a AAA Approved auto repair shop? Becoming AAA Approved is a rigorous process, and shops have to provide excellent customer service to remain approved.
2. How long has your shop been in business? It’s a good sign when a shop has been around for a while, otherwise how do you know they will still be in business long enough to honor any warranties they offer?
3. Do you operate a drug-free environment? Quality car repairs require clear heads.
4. Are your mechanics ASE Certified Technicians? Higher quality repair shops make sure all of their technicians are certified and experienced.
5. Do you have any transportation options available for me? When you drop your car, truck, SUV, minivan or hybrid vehicle off for repairs, it’s much more convenient if the shop you choose has a free shuttle service or loaner cars available so you’re not stuck without a ride.
6. Do you have a clean work environment? Good automotive shops will keep their facilities clean and tidy. After all, if they can’t properly take care of their shop, how can you expect them to properly take care of your automobile?
7. Do you have the latest automotive technology and equipment? It’s important that they have the right tools to diagnose and fix your specific vehicle make and model right the first time. This will save you a lot of time and hassle.
1. Were the estimates I was given accurate compared to the final bill?
2. Was the job completed on time?
3. Did my vehicle get fixed right the first time?
4. Did they give me the warranty that they advertised?
5. Overall, was the experience comfortable, informative and pleasant?
6. Am I completely satisfied with this auto repair shop?
If you have any negative answers to the above questions, but you still think that the shop you visited was a quality facility, it’s important that you let them know of your concerns. If it is a good shop, they will do everything in their power to address your concerns and make things right. Building trust is key.
So the next time your family is gearing up to move, make sure you take the time to look for a quality new auto repair shop to keep your vehicles running right. It makes it much easier when your car breaks down to know exactly where to take it, rather than running around trying to locate a shop at the last minute!