Your vehicle makes a lot of noises. Some are perfectly normal, but there are some you should not ignore. Getting any problems looked at early can save you money in the long run. Here are 5 vehicle noises you should never ignore.
- Squeaking or Chirping Wheel - This can be an indicator that the wheel bearing or axle bearing is failing. If this issue is not addressed, this can cause the wheel to lock up, come loose from your car or wear out other components.
- Metal Scraping when Braking - If you’re hearing this noise in particular, it could be the brake wear indicator rubbing against the brake rotor - not something we want. Brakes are one of, if not the, most important safety features on your car, so if there is a sound coming from them, you should bring your car in, so we can check them out.
- Clicking or Tapping from Engine - This could be damaged or worn CV joints that are mounted on each end of the front axle. Catching this problem early when it’s a minor one can save you money in the long run.
- Exhaust Roar while Driving - These aren’t necessarily terrible for the vehicle, but it can be dangerous for those in the car, as exhaust fumes can rise up into the vehicle.
- Hissing Sound from Engine - This could mean your cooling system overheating, and it could cause a lot of damage to your vehicle. Other indicators you should be on the lookout for are your temperature gauge going up and coolant on the ground.