Tune-Up in San Diego, CA
Why a Car Tune-Up is Important? — West Miramar Automotive & Transmission
West Miramar Services
What You Should Know About a Car Tune-Up
Are you due for a car tune-up? Many auto experts recommend investing in a complete tune-up at least every 20,000 miles, but what exactly does this service entail? Below, we’ll go over what you can expect from a car tune-up.
For all of your automotive repair and tune-up needs in San Diego, California, come see us at West Miramar Automotive & Transmission today for professional auto repair service you can rely on.
What Is A Car Tune-Up?
A car tune-up is essentially a form of preventative maintenance that’s used to keep your car in the best shape possible over time. This maintenance session can help extend your car’s lifespan and keep you safe on a regular basis. Though not all car owners commit themselves to a regular maintenance schedule, most car manufacturers recommend tune-ups as a foundation for car maintenance.
What Can You Expect From A Tune-Up?
Here are some of the typical tasks performed at these regular maintenance check-ups:
- Replacement of fuel, air, cabin, and oil filters
- New belts and hoses
- Replacing spark plugs and general ignition system maintenance
- Monitoring/refilling motor oil, coolant, brake fluid, automatic transmission fluids, and power steering fluid
- Oxygen sensor replacement
- PCV valve replacement
How To Know When It’s Time For A Car Tune-Up
Unsure whether or not your car is in need of a trip to the mechanic? Here are some tell-tale signs your vehicle needs some TLC.
- Your Car Isn’t Running As Efficiently: If you notice your car having more difficulty starting up or just general performance issues, it’s probably a good idea to invest in a tune-up. A lot of car issues can be traced back to simple maintenance fixes.
- Poor Gas Mileage: If your car is burning through fuel quicker than usual, it may be a sign that there are issues with your car’s spark plugs or fuel injector. Regular maintenance can help you save money on gas and prolong the lifespan of your car.
- Manufacturer’s Recommendations: The best way to practice preventative care is to schedule maintenance according to your car’s manufacturer’s instructions. Newer vehicles may be able to go as much as 30,000 miles in between check-ups while older vehicles might need to be taken in every 10,000 miles. Your mechanic can also give you an appropriate recommendation based on the current state of your vehicle.
Professional Car Tune-Up Services in San Diego, California
If your car, truck, or SUV is in need of a tune-up, come visit us at West Miramar Automotive & Transmission today, located at 5726 Miramar Road. We are proud to provide our customers in San Diego, California, with all of their automotive repair needs. Come see us today and let us help get your vehicle back on the road performing better than ever or give us a call at (858) 457-5716 to schedule an appointment.